When it comes to hair extensions, quality matters. If you've ever wondered about the differences in hair grades and how to tell which grade of hair you have, you're in the right place. In this blog post, we'll break down the grading system for hair extensions, helping you make informed choices that will elevate your hairstyle game. Let's dive into the world of hair grades and discover the secrets to identifying top-notch hair for your extensions.
What Are Hair Grades?
Hair extensions are typically graded based on their quality, with a grading system ranging from low to high. These grades are assigned to the extensions based on various factors, including the source of the hair, processing methods, and overall quality. Let's explore the most common hair grades:
1. Grade 3A - Low-Quality Hair:
Grade 3A hair is the lowest quality and is often synthetic or heavily processed human hair. It tends to tangle easily, lacks natural shine, and doesn't last long. Extensions of this grade are best avoided for those seeking a more natural look.
2. Grade 4A - Medium-Quality Hair:
Grade 4A hair is typically a step up from 3A but still falls short in terms of quality. It may have been processed extensively to achieve a certain texture, which can result in a lack of durability and a less natural appearance.
3. Grade 5A - Medium to High-Quality Hair:
Grade 5A hair is a popular choice for many. It is usually 100% human hair, but it may have undergone some processing for texture. This grade offers good quality and durability, making it suitable for everyday wear.
4. Grade 6A - High-Quality Hair:
Grade 6A hair is considered high-quality. It's typically 100% unprocessed human hair, meaning it retains its natural texture and shine. These extensions are known for their longevity and versatility, making them a fantastic choice for various hairstyles.
5. Grade 7A and Above - Premium Quality Hair:
Grade 7A and above represent the crème de la crème of hair extensions. These extensions are 100% unprocessed human hair, ensuring the utmost natural look and feel. They boast exceptional durability, allowing for multiple installations and styling options.
How to Identify Your Hair Grade:
Determining the grade of your hair extensions is essential for making informed decisions. Here's how you can identify the grade of your hair:
1. Check the Packaging: Many reputable hair extension brands label their products with the grade. Look for this information on the packaging or product description.
2. Price and Quality: Higher grades often come with a higher price tag. If you paid significantly less for your extensions, they may be of lower quality.
3. Texture and Shine: Premium grades, like 7A and above, will have a natural texture and shine. Lower grades may appear overly glossy or processed.
4. Tangle Test: Run your fingers through the hair. Lower-grade hair tends to tangle easily, while higher-grade hair remains smooth.
Understanding hair grades is crucial for choosing the right extensions that suit your style and budget. By considering factors like texture, price, and quality, you can confidently identify the grade of your hair extensions. At Stand Out Hair, we prioritize providing high-quality hair extensions that help you achieve the look you desire. Explore our range of extensions and elevate your hairstyle today!